About Gospel Light
If ever in the Orange County, CA area, we extend a warm invitation for you (and your family) to visit Gospel Light Church (GLC). You are always welcome at any of our worship services. Here’s what you can expect when visiting GLC:
– A loving, warm and friendly environment
– No pressure to give anything
– We won’t embarrass or single you out
– Passionate, soul-stirring, heart-warming music and worship
– Relevant, inspiring, encouraging messages from the Bible
– Sermon notes and study outlines
– An opportunity to grow in your understanding of life from God’s perspective
– An opportunity to experience the presence of God
– A safe and fun worship/learning experience for your child(ren)
Gospel Light Church exists to exalt God, evangelize our world, and empower believers. We are intentional in our efforts to share the pure message of the Gospel… the good news of God’s love, hope and healing for those who hurt; believing the Gospel is the power of God to transform lives.
At GLC, we want to REACH, TEACH and RELEASE believers to fulfill their God-given purpose in the earth.
Our Sunday Worship Services
Our Sunday worship experiences are life-giving, uplifting, encouraging and timely. We promptly begin at 11:00 AM and conclude no later than 1:00 PM. You can expect passionate, Spirit-filled worship along with practical, relevant and inspirational Bible teaching.
– Community Outreach and Involvement
– Individual Expression of gifts and talents
– Human Dignity and Respect
– Humility and Authenticity
– The Bible and its Teachings
What to Wear
There’s no dress code at GLC. You’ll find a variety of tastes and styles; everything from jeans and t-shirts to suits and ties. Please feel free to wear whatever makes you comfortable.
Gospel Light Church has a rich history and legacy of spiritual leadership in the Orange County, CA and surrounding areas. We have been tremendously blessed by the leadership the Lord has provided through the years. Our future is bright because we stand upon the shoulders of great men who loved God and His people. We praise God for each of them, their beautiful wives, and the contributions they have made. We are what we are by the grace of God and because of what each of our pastors has deposited within us. Indeed, this House has been favored and blessed by God.
Elder Joseph Sylvester Hall
founded and organized the church, in 1949, under the name of St. Joseph’s Church of God in Christ. The church building was officially dedicated in May 1950. Elder Hall served the congregation until his resignation in 1953.
Elder Edward Jefferson
was appointed as Pastor in 1953. Under his leadership, much growth was experienced and many financial debts, including the church mortgage, were paid off. Elder Jefferson renamed the church, Gospel Light Church of God in Christ, and served as Pastor until 1964.
Elder Wilford Allen Alexander
was appointed as Pastor in May 1964. Under his leadership, the church was officially incorporated and the additional real estate was acquired. In October 1977, the church purchased the property across the street, encompassing an entire city block. The parsonage was relocated from Wood Street to Heliotrope Street in Santa Ana. Bishop Alexander passed in May 1991. His lovely wife, Mrs. Bernice Alexander, remained an active member of Gospel Light until her death in 2001.
Elder Isaac Patrick
was appointed as Pastor in December 1991. His background as a pastor and administrator, combined with his public relations skills, enabled him to lead the church to higher levels of productivity and progress. In March 1993, he moved the church to the 3135 W. Warner Avenue location, which ultimately led to the purchase of the building in September 1997. Superintendent Patrick was a visionary who faithfully executed his charge as a spiritual leader until his death in January 2009. His beautiful wife, Mrs. Maxine Patrick, continued to serve the church until departing in the latter part of 2011.
Elder Maxwell Deadrick
was appointed as Pastor in September 2010. Prior to becoming the Senior Pastor, he faithfully served as Asst. Pastor to Supt. Patrick for approximately 5 years. As the 5th Pastor in the church’s history, Elder Deadrick worked hard at beautifying God’s House. He made many much- needed improvements, which included the remodeling of the church sanctuary and placing a new roof on the building. Elder Deadrick faithfully served as Pastor until his retirement in December 2016. He continues to serve as a spiritual father among us.
Statement of Faith
1. the Bible to be the inspired and only infallible written Word of God.
2. there is One God, eternally existent in three Persons; God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit.
3. the only means of being cleansed from sin is through repentance, faith in the person of Christ and His Work upon the Cross and resurrection from the dead.
4. that regeneration by the Holy Ghost is absolutely essential for personal salvation, and this comes through belief in Christ alone and gives the believer new life (eternal life) in Christ.
5. the redemptive work of Christ on the Cross provides physical healing for the human body in answer to the prayer of faith and according to the will of God.
6. the baptism in the Holy Spirit, with the initial evidence of speaking in tongues, is operative today in the life of the believer and is available to every believer who seeks this experience.
7. the miraculous gifts of the Spirit are still operative today and available to the present day Church of Jesus Christ of healing, deliverance, and the service of the Gospel of Gospel.
8. in the Blessed Hope and glorious appearing of our great God and Savior Jesus Christ.
9. Christ will appear personally and visibly, and the Church, the Bride of Christ, will be caught up to meet Him in the air.
10. in the sanctifying power of the Holy Spirit, by whose indwelling and continuous operation the believer is empowered to live free from the dominion and power of sin and enabled to be victorious in the Christian life.
3135 W. Warner Avenue, Santa Ana, CA 92704 | (714) 979-5483
Feeling Social? Get Connected!